Saturday, September 23, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #65 Featuring Amanda Bodine


  
  Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! Veronica here, with big thanks to everyone who played along with our first challenge after the summer break.  This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!




This week I have have invited: 

 

I asked Amanda Bodine to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

The name of my blog is RutabagaPieDesigns, named for my Uncle Ned, who called me, "My Little Rutabagapie" when I was a little girl. I felt very special about that nickname he'd given me, it seemed the perfect name for my blog all these years later, in honor of him. In addition, my uncle was a WW2 war hero, awarded the Navy Cross "for heroism beyond the call of duty" during the Pearl Harbor attack.

2. What is your style of card making?

BOLD coloring.. It doesn't seem to matter what type of ink, I just love the look of bright, vibrant color! I enjoy working with nature scenes and florals most. Other than some enamel dots or sequins, I don't tend to add many embellshments.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?


Omgosh, I could list 100 names here. So many designers inspire me all the time! I think the one who's had the most influence on my card making would be Kelly Latevola of You & Your Big Dreams. I'm in awe of her amazing coloring and scene building skills and have learned so much from watching her videos.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I get inspired by new product and how design teams create with it. I love to shop and look at home decor and colors that compliment one antoher. And I especially am influenced by the change of seasons. Right now I'm all about those fall colors!

  5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Something most people might not know about me is..I LOVE to cook from scratch. In fact, my specialty, at least as far as my friends and family are concerned is homemade pizza. From the flavorful slow cooked sauce to the crunchy thin crust, it has evolved into everyone's favorite. Someday I hope to have my own brick oven, my husband has promised to build for me. Who knows, maybe I'll open a restaurant someday?!


Here is Amanda's card using this week's inspiration!






The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 


Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow



Wanda Cullen





We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, September 29 at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:

  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

(Add Inlinkz Code here)







4 comments:

  1. Great cards! Amanda, you knocked it out of the park with your adorable scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! But... it says InLinkz closes in 370 days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful cards here, thank you all for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete