Saturday, March 25, 2017

Inspired By all the Little Things #49 featuring Nancy Penir

Hello Tracey here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I have invited the lovely and super talented Nancy Penir to be my guest.



I asked Nancy to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

The name of my blog is artful-notions. Named because I originally thought I'd be posting all sorts of art related projects, but it's become a blog for my cards and a way to connect with all the other cardmakers. I started with a point and shoot camera, and soon bought and learned to use a camera with a good lens. What a difference!

2. What is your style of card making?

What style? A bit of this, a bit of that. Pattern combined with layers. Really love all styles. Traditional? Whatever comes into my head is the style of the moment. Learning and applying new techniques is such fun. Can't and won't be pinned down by a 'style'.
Oh, and if it doesn't please me, it doesn't get posted!


3. Who inspires you as a designer?

There isn't enough room to list them! And there isn't an end to who inspires. Sometimes it's the designer whose card is amazing. Another time it's the blog and challenge mistress who puts a smile on my face that lasts all day! (Darnell, you're a hoot) And other times, it's the business woman that has managed to bring all this fun to all of us (Nichole Heady). Especially the friends who create them. Oh, I love them all!

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

Layout, color and definitely photos. Sketches seem to confine. Much rather a rusty watering can with just picked garden flowers!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Some of you may know I've been blessed with a large family. 5 children, and 11 grandchildren. When my first grandson was on the way, my daughter and I searched for crib bedding, and couldn't find what she wanted. I've always sewed, so Grandma Nancy got busy and made a complete set for the nursery: bumper, blanket, crib skirt, including mobile and cushions for the rocking chair, even window coverings.  It became a small business (Oui Baby) of custom bedding for friends and friends of friends, eventually taking me and my designs to San Francisco, Atlanta and Dallas gift shows! We converted one of the rooms in our farmhouse, so I could work from home. I worked, sewing and designing for about 12 years. So many great memories of owning my own business. I was very blessed to have a supportive husband and loved it while it lasted. My sewing machine is now devoted to cards!

Here is Nancy's card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach


LauraJane 



Leigh Penner 



Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow


Wanda Cullen


...and of course one from me!

Tracey McNeely

tracey_IB#49

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, March 31st at 12:00pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Tracey! And design team, you're amazing! Each card a mini masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on guest designing, Nancy! Thank you so much for the unexpected shoutout! Your burlap and fluffy-tailed bunny card is perfect for the darling photo inspiration! Thank you to the DT for their awesome inspiration cards, too!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love Nancy and loved learning more about her!!! Everything about her is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sweet challenge this week. Not only did Nancy do a fabulous job, like always, but I love every single project that the DT did also!

    ReplyDelete